Leafy Baby Blanket - Completed

Leafy Baby Blanket by Leila Alieva



Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted (in Lake Lost Heather)
Needles: US 8 - 5.0mm
Ravelry: Baby Blanket


Here are the finished photos of the baby blanket I've been knitting for the last few months. I mentioned in my last post that the pattern was easy and soothing, and the yarn is soft and squishy, so all in all, this was a really enjoyable knit.



I ended up blocking it as aggressively as I dared, and so the final dimensions ended up being about 33" x 33". Kinda on the small side, but baby isn't born yet, so this can definitely be a newborn baby blanket and last a few months before it's relegated to the closet.  It's too bad, because I had enough yarn and I could have added another pattern repeat to the width, had I caught it early enough in the process.


The leaf pattern turned out really great after blocking. So nice!

On a completely different note, I've been having some existential angst yet again about this blog, and whether or not I should even bother having a presence online. I tried to shift the focus of this blog to strictly knitting (and the occasional sewing project) but it feels really shallow, and I'm not enough of a dedicated maker to build something substantial here. The truth is that the main focus of my life are my work and my family, and I have no inclination to share either of those things in an online way. 

But... I've also realized that while I wasn't doing anything earth-shattering when I blogged regularly, it did provide me with a place to actually WRITE. Writing is something that I enjoy very much, and something I'd like to cultivate more - so I really don't know what I can do in this space, what feels right in terms of keeping private things private, and what will make me want to keep posting and feeling fulfilled by the blog.

Of course the best answer would be to simply knit and sew MORE, to then be able to write about it more, but the reality is simply that I have a career and young family, and my time is not my own. 

So... stay tuned?

Comments

Popular Posts