Bella's Mittens

Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault
Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids (Aran)
Needles: 5.0mm circular
Ravelry: Bella's Mittens for me

This was a quick and dirty knit, that almost fell below the radar. I knit these in November, when I had to start wearing mittens, and had grown tired of my current pair. I wanted something a little more interesting than just plain stockinette mittens, and these mitts delivered.
I also wanted them RIGHT NOW, because winter was upon us, so choosing mittens knit in bulky yarn was key. I knit them double stranded, and they knit up ridiculously quickly, even though I knit them one at a time. I kept close track of my modifications, which you can see on my Ravelry page (most notably I shortened the cuffs significantly).
Since this is yarn is acrylic, and therefore pretty stiff and doesn't breathe, I thought they'd be great for mittens. But alas, even though they are knit up chunky (doubled up) and even with those cables over the top, the wind still whips right through them, which makes them a poor choice for bicycling. Unfortunate, since that's how I get to work...
Oh well, I do reach for my Bella's when it's not too cold out, or when I decide to walk to work.
I would definitely make this pattern again with a great chunky wool. Ooh, that'd be cozy!

Comments