Owlet

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted (Colour: Conch) – 3 skeins
Needles: 4.5mm / 5mm circular
Ravelry: Louisa’s Owlet
I had a hard deadline for Louisa’s Little Sister (her birthday) so I pushed hard to get it done in time. But another huge motivator was the promise of this project. I bought this lovely squishy yarn especially for this piece, and the owlet pattern is one of the most popular on the whole internet.
It’s easy to see why – it’s absolutely adorable. But more than that, it’s a pleasure to follow and so intuitive. The subtle details like the shaping of the neckline, the way the owl pattern is laid out, everything about it is top notch.
Not only does this first rate pattern show in the constructed piece, it’s also a testament that I was able to finish this garment in about ONE WEEK. Seriously. Me, the world’s slowest knitter had a completed item before my child outgrew it. I can’t even!
The pattern calls for buttons for every owl, but I didn’t have 30 of the same (there are 15 owls on this size sweater) so I chose to add eyes to only one of the owls with buttons from my stash.
I love this sweater, and I’ll totes be making it in a child size when she outgrows this one.
(Also, this pattern is a spin off from the adult version. And Kate Davies just released a new cardigan version.)

Comments

Popular Posts