Akoya in Blue

Gasp, can this really be… a knitting post??
Yep, I’ve had this Akoya on the needles for MONTHS, but it’s been stuffed into my yarn bowl on my bedside table gathering dust since September. My original goal was to have it near completed by the time the baby arrived. Even though I went 8 days overdue, I still didn’t even come close to making that happen!
I’m actually really excited about this cardigan. I’m excited to be making a garment that I think I’ll love to wear, and I’m excited to be knitting something in a delicious yarn (I splurged on the yarn called for in the pattern: Fyberspates’ Scrumptious 4ply Sport in Cornflower) that feels so good on the hands. I know I’ve been saying this a lot lately, but it bears repeating: I will never buy acrylic again.
The cardi is knit bottom up, with a lovely delicate trellis lace detail. It was fun to work on the pattern with both lace and cables, but now that my daughter is here, I’m happy to find myself in a sea of easy stockinette!!
I’m not setting any time goals for finishing this one, but I am looking forward to the upcoming Olympics where I will have 17 days of TV time to make some serious progress on this piece. Hopefully I’ll have a piece to model in the months to come.

Comments