Snowman Diorama Ornaments




Snowman Diorama Ornaments
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool (Nouveau Denim and Aran White)
Needles: 6.5mm Double pointed needles (Bamboo)
Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sleepykins/snowman-diorama-ornament
I made a couple of these cuties for the boys at Christmas. I’m pleased with how they turned out. I was slightly intimidated with the pattern because it called for so many small pieces, but in the end it came together quite well.
A couple of modifications: I used embroidery thread (and some french loops) to make the eyes and button. I also used some scraps of felt for the scarves (I didn’t have any yarn in the right weight/colour) and I used some felted roving for the noses. Actually, I just took some orange roving, rolled in in the palm of my hand with a bit of soap and water, and then once it dried I cut it right in half to have two cones with pointed ends. Worked perfectly.
Progress shot!
The embroidery makes it special, for me.
Those boys will be cousins for life, and I love that I could mark the year for them. I just freehanded it, and it worked pretty well. Hopefully the boys will keep these ornaments and when they’re older we’ll be able to reminisce to them about how it was when they were toddlers…

Comments