Kanoko Pants – Completed



Kanoko Pants (Harumidori Designs)
Yarn:  Loops and Threads Impeccable Worsted (Acrylic)
Needles: 4mm 16″ circular
Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sleepykins/kanoko-pants
I’m not even going to apologize for taking such a long time to complete these pants (over two months). It’s just the way things go now. I was always a slow knitter, but now with a kid in tow, well, my knitting rate is positively glacial.  I’m just glad I get to indulge in my hobby from time to time. And if projects are completed at the rate of one a season, well, that’s how she goes and it’s fine by me!
But back to the pants… I think these pants are SO CUTE! They are knitted from the top down.
These pants have actually been completely knitted for a long time, but they stayed at 95% complete for weeks, because I put off the finishing. Finally I got around to folding over the waistband, weaving in the ends, and making the i-cord drawstring. In total, all of that stuff probably took me about 1 1/2 hours. Go figure!
I really like how they fit, and they are good for romping. They aren’t too long (such a problem for Nico) and have enough give to let him really move…
Couple of things to note:
1. The pattern called for dpns to knit the legs, but I didn’t have any of the right size, so I just used my smallest circular needles. I think this stretched the legs which is why they are so wide.
2. I will never by acrylic yarn ever again. My stash is full of the stuff, and I’ll have to use it (I guess) but it is no fun to knit, and no fun to wear. Nico will really only be able to wear these on chilly days, because they don’t breathe and it gets HOT in there!
3. Even though it takes forever for me to complete anything, I’ve already decided on my next project, and I’m collecting yarn, needles, and notions. It’s always so encouraging when a project is finally complete!

Comments

Popular Posts