Scarf Or Necklace?

Last night I pulled out an old t-shirt that I hadn’t worn in a while, and I took my scissors to ‘er.I wanted to make a t-shirt scarf/necklace like I had seen on Threadbanger and other sites. I think the originator of the project is cucumbersome and though her tutorial is no more, I was able to make my own just by looking at the pictures and reading some comments from the Instructables site.


This project was super easy, but nevertheless, it really helps to have good equipment. I just bought these scissors, and they are THE BEST. I also bought a pretty inexpensive chalk heart, and it’s made tracing and cutting SO much simpler! These two items have reduced my level of sewing-induced stress dramatically!
I cut 1″ strands starting from the bottom of my t-shirt, all the way up to the armpits.

Once I was done cutting, I stretched out each individual strand and they immediately curled up on themselves. Then I cut two more lengths of t-shirt and covered the seams.
I really like the way it turned out, and it’s nice and soft around my neck.


Yay. I contemplated sleeping in it last night, but decided against it. I’m wearing it now, and Angelo has also commented on it a bunch. It always helps to get boyfriend approval on things like this.

Comments

Popular Posts